Monday, July 5, 2010

The Monster



Was hanging out at a friend's place and I think Young Frankenstein was mentioned somewhere along the evening. Doing what I usually do, bucking social standards, I grabbed my sketch pad and went to town drawing the old guy in trusty 'ol red erasable pencil. Proceeded to add the monster with a head in hand and draw an environment around them. So, yes, this was a poorly planned scribble. Along the way I realized I needed more blood and Eyegor somewhere in it. Again, poorly planned. No line width variance because the pen I used is, as I've mentioned before, an extra fine .5MM ballpoint that doesn't bleed. It's steady like a large inanimate object or someone still on the wagon.

Then the usual 2B followed by ball point black, non-waterproof.

I am aware that the doctor wasn't that old in either the original or parody, I just really wanted to draw a cane and monocle.

No comments:

Post a Comment